Saturday, October 13, 2012

2 years on...

Ok...so it's been awhile and as it's a wet and no good for doing things outside weekend thought I should probably have a go at doing some updating on where we are at. Since the last post quite a bit has been chipped away at so I will try and capture what I can remember. As always there is never just one project on the go, and as always each one is still a work in progress.







As the weather has been fairly kind we have managed to get outside and get on with things out there. The paving was the first to go down and this area expanded as plans changed. A privacy screen went up on the deck and the decking was redone into a split level deck, recycling some of the old decking with the new decking, a bit of waterblasting on the old stuff  brought it pretty close to the colour of the new decking and once stained you can't tell.

Then there is the chipping away at the kitchen, the oven gave up the ghost so we had to get another one and also updated the bench set up on that side, the kitchen is a big beast and so it is still on the back burner until we are ready to take the plunge, the floor has been sanded but as yet not polished! The weather has been too good to spend it on inside stuff so every opportunity we are outside, currently the house is undergoing a paint job and Brent has very kindly set up the scaffolding for me, gotta admit, pretty scary first time up there and I was only half way up the house, he tells me it will need to go twice that height to get to the top so that should be fun! So the house looks funny with the new paint only on the bits I can reach, not a great look but should look good when finished.






So that is about it for now, I will try and do another before and after page, when I remember to locate original photos and take more from the same angle. Right now it's movie time...lol....to be continued...

oh yeah....forgot the garage pics :)


2 comments:

  1. Wow Debbie - you and Brent have done a wonderful job with the renovating! Love the deck and all of the outside changes you have done - beautiful! You both should be very proud of yourselves! I am looking forward to seeing it in real life one day! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I see I lied about the kitchen floor, it hasn't been sanded, I meant stripped, yet to be sanded and polished. Tiredness does strange things to you!

    ReplyDelete